Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ironic

I have so much to write about and no time to write! So a list will have to do for now.
  • Chris knit Audrey a beautiful sweater! It fits great. Chris, I'll send a picture soon. I promise!
  • Finished a second Two Color Brioche Scarf. Used different yarns, but one is still a Noro yarn. Had to make a few changes to the pattern, but it is still basically the same.
  • Finished the final thumb on a pair of mittens I started before Audrey was born. Glad I waited. Was able to figure out why the first mitten didn't fit very well. I made the thumb too short!
  • Finished a pair of socks and started another pair.
  • Went to Shepherd's Harvest and got a few odds and ends. Needle felting fiber, niddy noddy, basic Kumihimo Braid kit, and wool felt.
  • Made a couple bibs for my nephew. Really need to work on my sewing skills! Too ashamed to post pictures.
  • Started swatching for the Ruffled Surplice, without the ruffle! It was on the cover of Interweave Knits Spring 2007. I got the yarn, Tahki Bali, for 40% off at Webs. I got one of the discontinued colors -06- which is a beautiful teal/turquoise.
  • Started attending a knitting group in downtown St. Paul. We meet every Tuesday during lunch time. Fun group of people!
  • Still managing to resist spinning. My LYS is making it harder now that they are carrying spinning wheels and fiber!
  • Started "running" again. If only running 3 min at a time can be called running.
  • Visited family in both Kansas and Oklahoma. It is amazing how much I miss that place.
  • Audrey has starting army crawling and pulling up on things. Time to baby proof!

Overall life is very good if busy. I am trying to cut out the extra stuff that is not needed, but I think knitting and blogging will always stay. Even if I can't do them as often as I want!

1 comment:

  1. My nephew Jason does that Army crawl thing, too. It's so hilarious! My sister is in the Army Reserves, so we tease her that she taught him to do it that way.

    My attendance at the knitting group is going to be spotty for a while now. I've started doing hearings now and I've got one scheduled for 10:45 every day. If it finishes up by 11:45, I can probably sneak out for a while, but if it goes long, then I don't have time to get out of the office and get back for the next hearing. I hope to make it at least a couple of times a month, though.

    ReplyDelete