Pages

Friday, April 11, 2008

Comfort

I am knocked flat, stretched thin, worn out and just plain tired! I wasn't planning on writing about this, but it seems to be consuming my days. My husband has been out of town for the past 4 weeks, and will be for the next week and a half. To any bad guys out there, I set the alarm every night! Being a "single parent" and working full time is exhausting. And I am probably in the easiest part of parenting. All I have to to is keep Audrey clean and fed, no discipline involved yet. We have had some good days and some days I was just thankful to reach the end of. I don't know how real single parents do it! At least I have an end in sight.

For some reason the yucky weather we are having just about sent me over the edge. At least we are not getting the 10 inches of snow predicted! Searching for some comfort I spotted these on the kitchen table.

Fetching

The pair of Fetchings I had finished just before returning to work. I used Lobster Pot Yarns Hand Dyed Cashmere. I ended up needing more than one skein of yarn, so to use up more yarn I lengthed the thumb by 4 rows and added a cable turn at the top. I probably could have used just one skein if I would have done one less cable turn at the wrist. There is just something about cashmere that is so comforting. And fingerless mitts are great for the cool but not cold weather we are having.

I wasn't sure what to do with the 3/4 of a skein of yarn I had left so I used Ravelry to find a pattern. I love that website! If you love Ravelry consider donating during Ravelraiser. I didn't realize that they were still operating in the red, and just yesterday were able to get out of debt! Plus, you might get a wonderful prize. You have until April 25!

Ok, back to my story. So I found this pattern on Ravelry and knit Ellen.

Ellen

I love how the cast on edge does that swoopy thing, but not so fond of the top edge. I don't know if I will ever wear it, but it might make a good gift. It sure is soft, and I completely used up the yarn. Can't let cashmere just sit around!

Can someone tell my why my text changes after I put a picture in?

3 comments:

  1. I have been playing Mom/Dad for tha tlast three weeks while Hubster was in Houston. Nice thing is he was home on the weekends. With a 10 and 13 year old I was dreading it, but things went a lot smoother than I expected. Hang in there, and if you can't, call a friendQ I know they would be happy to help.

    Lovely cashmere!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:27 PM

    Hang in there Rebecca! Doesn't it make you so grateful that you will have a parenting partner returning soon! :o) See you soon!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, cashmere. :)

    The pigeons- nest is right by where we have lunch. creepy, creepy.

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete