Pages

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Moving Forward

We have finally decided to buy a house this spring. Right now we are trying to find a loan officer who won't rip us off. I hope this process will be much easier than I think it will be, but I doubt it. I think I am more worried about the loan process and the fees involved with that than the finding a house part. I think we will be doing a lot of praying!

Thanks for all your good thoughts for Maggie. I think she is cured, she has been running up and down the stairs and can jump into our very high bed. She definitely does not like having her food cut back. But it is what is best for her. A coworker and I were talking and we wished we could have someone else restrict our food so we could lose weight. It would make it so much easier!

I got some good news last weekend. My brother and his wife are going to have a baby! They are due the first weekend in August. Once they find out if they are having a boy or a girl I will start making plans to knit something. I have already started on a pair of white booties that I will send with a congratulations card. I do have a few concerns about knitting something, mainly because they live in Portland, OR and I'm not sure how cold it gets there and my brother's wife is an amazing kniter herself and is the one that got me started in knitting. So there is some fear that whatever I make might not be good enough even though I know she would NEVER think that way. Just my own insecurities coming through.

2 comments:

  1. Anything knit with love is beautiful! I am sure she would appreciate anything you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:36 AM

    Congratulations on the future niece or nephew. I'm sure whatever you knit will be appreciated. It's so much fun to knit baby things.
    Good Luck with the house buying. Is this your first house? We went to a bank and used their first time home buyers program. It got us a great rate and there were no fees. Also the bank we used doesn't sell their mortgages so we have stayed with them and got a home equity line a few years ago and since we were customers it has a great rate and no fees.
    Karen
    http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

    ReplyDelete