Pages

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I Torture My Dog

And she just gives me this look, like she is saying "You stupid woman, why are you doing this to me?"

I tried to whip up my own little doggie boot last night. I started with the toe for a "toe-up" sock and then split it after that and knit back and forth to make it long enough. I thought about making a heel, but I didn't want to put too much effort into this thing if Maggie wouldn't keep it on her foot.

In order to get an ok fit I tried it on her about every 3 rows. She kept giving me these looks out of the corner of her eye. But I showered her with treats every time she let me do it, so by the end of the night she would start jumping around every time I came near her with the stupid thing. I didn't have any velcro in the house, so I used two pieces of yarn to cinch it closed.

We tried it out this morning. Maggie looked so stupid with that thing on her foot! Made me think of that nursery rhyme, One shoe one, One shoe off. It stayed on ok, but it didn't get a real trial because Maggie refused to walk in the snow. One thing I can say about my dog is that she is smart, she knows that if something hurts her, to not do that ever again! I wish I could have gotten a picture of her with that thing on her foot, but I was running very late this morning.

Karen, thank you so much for that link. They have little zip-up boots that should do the trick! I do think that I am going to try to give this knitted up boot one more try. I hate to back down from a challenge!

1 comment:

  1. hehe...i clicked through from bloglines, just hoping that you'd posted a photo!

    hope it works out. embarasing our pets is such a joy, right?

    ReplyDelete