Pages

Friday, November 04, 2005

Favorite Things

I have discovered a new favorite thing, loose leaf tea! I have always loved tea, mainly because I’m not a big coffee drinker and tea is very nice on a cold day while reading a book, or just to warm up my hands. Plus, no calories! But, most teas taste the same to me because (and I don’t think I have ever mentioned this) I can’t smell. My mom says I could when I was small, but I have no memory of ever being able to smell. But back to the topic. The only teas I could taste were the very strong herbal teas like the mints. Everything else tasted the same, like iced tea you get in a restaurant, that is until I tried good quality loose leaf tea from Adagio.com I heard it mentioned on someone else’s blog (can’t remember who, sorry) and decided to give it a try. I ordered the ingenuiTEA starter set which is a great way to try lose leaf tea. This thing is so easy to use. I decided to get the black teas and I love them. I can actually tell the difference between the earl grey and the english breakfast. I never could before.

This stuff is so good I just ordered a sampler of the herbal tea and the black flavored tea . I also decided to get an actual tea pot , and for $9, I figured I couldn’t go wrong. I might eventually order one of the beautiful glass teapots they have. The first time I ordered with them it arrived very quickly. Just be careful how you open the box the tea containers come in. Mine had become a little loose in the shipping. I almost lost all my tea!

If you want to try Adagio tea they have this cool thing where you put in your e-mail address and they will send you a $5 coupon.



I know $5 isn’t much, but the samples are so inexpensive. If you don’t like loose leaf tea, they have a new line of teabags . I haven’t tried them, so I don’t know how different they are from regular bags, but I would have to guess that the quality of tea in the bags is probably higher than the tea you get in the grocery store.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment