Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Trial and Error

I have a hard time getting up in the morning. In fact, I hate getting up in the morning, any time in the morning. The only times I don't mind getting up are those days when I don't have to wake up to an alarm, and that usually means I don't get up until about 9 or 10 am. My dad is the same way. He has found a way around it by changing to second shift, once all the kids left the house. Unfortunately, I still have to get up in the morning, at least to go to work. And if I am ever going to exercise I need to do it in the morning as well. I just come up with way too many excuses if I wait until the afternoon/evening.

I've worked out this system where I set my alarm for 5 AM and then set my cell phone alarm for 5:05 am, but I leave it downstairs. I HATE the sound of an alarm, so I will hit snooze as soon as possible, but sometimes I don't remember hitting snooze. This is the reason for the alarm downstairs. I am forced to get out of bed to shut it off. But here is where I mess up. I lie to myself and say I can go back to bed for just a few minutes and I will get up then. I figure I have to go back upstairs anyway to get dressed. And in my very sleepy state, I believe myself! I have done this the last 3 days in a row! Needless to say I don't wake up until "Oh My God! If I don't get up now I'm going to be late for work!" This morning I let the snooze run for 3 hours!

Obviously the solution to this problem is to bring my workout clothes downstairs and get dressed there. I'm a genius I tell ya, genius! ;) Tomorrow we will just have to see if this works.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't there a new alarm clock that once it rings, it jumps off the table and rolls around on the floor? By the time you catch it, you're wide awake. Ofcourse, if you could go all the way downstairs and still convince yourself that its ok to go back up and take a snooze, I'd say that alarm clock is not going to help.

    Time to swtich to second shift!

    ReplyDelete