Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Good Weekend

I had such a busy weekend, but it was a lot of fun. I actually got to spend some time with my hubby! I know that I gripe about him way too much, but I do enjoy spending time with him. We have been married for over 6 years and have been together for 9. He still surprises me. Sorry, didn't mean to get mushy there!

We went to the Minnesota state fair on Saturday. We had so much fun. We didn't ride any rides, except for the skyway ride, but we ate so much! We had milkshakes, roasted corn on the cob, Pronto Pups (corndogs), Funnel Cake, mini donuts, and french fries. And this was all in 4 hours! I almost got cotton candy, but didn't want to make myself sick. Hubby graciously followed me through the Craft building while I looked at knitted stuff. The only thing I recognized was a DNA scarf. The rest really weren't my style, but I could tell a lot of the knitters were very talented. I couldn't have completed a lot of those things. There was a lady demonstrating how to spin yarn, it looked like fun, but the last thing I need is another hobby. We also walked through the Sheep area, and got to pet a few sheep.

I went to Pilates on Saturday as well. I can almost do some of the harder moves. The modifications to the moves are too easy, but the move itself is a little too hard. It is nice to see some improvement. I am feeling leaner as well, more stretched out. I haven't lost any weight and my clothes aren't fitting any differently, but I feel better. I made it to cycling again on Monday. But I found out that the instructor won't be doing cycling on Monday any more, she has decided to change it to a cardio class. Ok, I suck at aerobics. I stumble around and make a fool of myself. And trying to do it that early in the morning, while still sleepy, I would be a danger to myself and others.

I have been playing around with the idea of picking up running again. All this non impact exercising has really helped my knee, so I shouldn't have to worry about that. Plus I have had this desire to just go for a run. There is a 5K run/walk at the end of this month that I could sign up for to give me some sort of goal to work for. It is for a good cause so if I completely bail out I wouldn't feel bad about wasting money. I'll think about it for a little while longer. My main goal would be to keep this low key and no pressure!

No comments:

Post a Comment