Pages

Friday, June 10, 2005

Six years!!

This coming Sunday hubby and I will have been married for six years. I can't believe it has been that long. Sometimes it feels like we have been together forever and other days it feels like it was yesterday. What really blows my mind is that in September will will have been "together" for 9 years! There is nothing in my life that has lasted for nine years! Except for my family of course, and they don't really count, they are stuck with me!! If you don't want to be subjected to a sappy story, just click away now. :)

We met just before my Sophomore year of college, his Freshman year. Yes, he is a younger man, but only by 5 months. I consider that a good omen because my mom is 5 months older than my dad and they have had a long happy marriage. Our first date we went to my favorite Chinese restaurant and then he took me to his favorite place, the lake marina at night. It was beautiful! When he proposed (on Christmas Eve of my Senior year) he tracked down someone who could loan him a key to the marina (which was closed for the winter) and somehow got me down there so he could propose on the spot we sat while on our first date. He even had his friends go down the day before and check the marina to see if the walkways were iced over. After he proposed we went out to eat at the same Chinese restaurant. The waiter noticed my ring and made a fuss about it. Boy did he get a huge tip! We then went to my parents' house to share the good news. I found out later that they already knew what was going to happen because he had asked their permission a couple days earlier. My parents were very impressed.

It has been a great six years and I'm sure that the next six will be just as great. I know some big changes probably will happen, but I couldn't imagine my life without him. I love you honey!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:36 AM

    Happy Anniversary!
    Cute engagement story! Sounds like he's a keeper.
    Karen
    http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a romantic engagement story. Congrats on the 6/9 years!

    PS
    My Mom is a year older than my Dad and they've been together over 40 years now. I think you are onto something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:19 AM

    My husband is 6 YEARS younger than I. He also asked my parents permission and I was 31 at the time!! He was so proper in all of it. I wanted to wear a tea length dress, he wanted full length with a long train. I wore a full length with a very big train! Congrats.
    chrisknits

    ReplyDelete