Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Cold and Rainy

That is what it has been like here lately. It feels like March instead of May. I'm not sure if this weather is normal for Minnesota, but I am so ready for warm weather. I think it being cloudy is the part that gets to me the most. I NEED my sunshine. I get a little down in the dumps if I don't get my sunshine. If it is too cloudy this winter I might need to invest in a sun lamp of some sort.

Speaking of it being cold, hubby and I drove up to Duluth last Saturday. It was COLD. The wind was coming off of the lake and we about froze. I think it must have been at least 20 degrees cooler there than it was in the Twin Cities. The wind did make some awesome waves. We saw a couple surfers walking with their boards. That would have been way too cold for me to surf! I did get a good picture of the waves coming in.

waves

I think we are going to go back up there when the weather gets warmer. It looks like there are a lot of things to do, but the season doesn't start until after Memorial Day.

One good thing about the 4 hour round trip is that I had plenty of time to knit. I brought my SIL's blanket and got quite a bit done. I like how this one is knitting up a little thicker than the first one. I can't believe how much of a difference going up one needle size makes. I also cast on for the second strip of my sister's blanket. I am really liking how the colors are working together. I'll take a picture when I get this strip done. I just hope I have enough yarn to finish it!

Sunday I decided to go for a run. I went to Pike Island in Ft. Snelling State Park. I wore my heart rate monitor, but when I started to run my heart rate shot way up. So I just walked the entire thing and was still able to keep my heart rate between 140 and 150. It took me 55 minutes to walk 3.2 miles. I guess I can only get better. On the first half of the walk there were three people running the opposite way. I thought they were going fast until on the second half of the run two teenaged boys blew by me. They were FLYING!

I'll leave you with a picture of my office building. I love how all the supports make cool shapes and designs. The trees are in a park just across the street. Hopefully it will warm up soon so I can hangout there during lunch.

triangles

2 comments:

  1. I think it warms up in Minnesota around the end of August, but you get the winter snows coming in the beginning of September. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:08 PM

    Oh, I love that window shot. Hubby finally got the AC on, joy!!
    chrisknits

    ReplyDelete