Pages

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Knitting stuff!

I know, it is about time! I finished the baby blanket in time to give it to my friend just after she had the baby. I think she really liked it, or she was just trying to not hurt my feelings. Overall I was happy with the blanket. It didn't turn out as rectangle shaped as I would have liked it, I figured out why when I washed the swatch I just finished for the new blanket. When washed it shrinks the row gauge. I'll keep that in mind for the new blanket. Now on to the pictures!

Here it is draped over a chair on my deck at my old apartment.


In the close up view you can see the colors better. You can also see how the last knit stitch in each block is larger than the rest, it did even out with washing, but I think it caused the waviness in the pattern. I'm not sure how to correct that, but other than that, I am very happy with the blanket.


To get a better idea of the size of the blanket I draped it over my dog. She very patiently sat still while I took the picture. Don't tell my friend I did this, she would die!


I almost forgot, I got the pattern for the blanket from this website. I just changed it (with some help from the LYS) for my chosen yarn.

Here is the gift bag for my friend at work. I filled it with samples from Bath and Body Works. I forgot to turn it around so you could see my I-cord and tassels. I was so proud of those! The pattern is from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.


I decided to rip my sock and start from the beginning and I am very glad that I did. I picked up my stitches from the heel much better. I have just the toe left and I will be done.

Photos complements of flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment