Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Alive and Well

I made it to MN!! The drive up took forever, but loading up the truck and unloading it went very fast. All the important stuff is in the apartment, but the garage is still full of stuff. Part of me just wants to pitch it all and be done with it, but over half of the boxes out there are all my books! There is no way I could get rid of all of them. But luckily my grandpa built me another bookshelf, so I can actually take some of them out of the boxes! But hubby wants some of the shelves for his books, the nerve of him, wanting shelf space! LOL! My dream is to one day have a library room of my own, I doubt it will happen any time soon, but I can dream!

Speaking of dreams, I need to set up some goals for this year. I would like to run a 5K and 10K, and a dream goal would be to run a 1/2 marathon, but I think that is pushing it a little far. So, in order to meet these goals I need to have a plan. However, every time I draw up a plan something happens to royally mess it up and I give up in despair. So I need to have a plan that is very flexible, but will still get me to my goals. My other main goal is to lose 30 pounds. I lost five a while back and have somehow in the chaos managed to keep it off, but I still have another 30 to go. I would like to get a close as I can to that goal by my brother's wedding Sept 3rd. I hated how I looked in my sister's wedding pictures.

I have so much to say, but it is getting late, knitting and more life stuff will have to wait till later!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to your new home! And you should at least give the poor guy some bookshelf space because we all know he is going to lose out on closet space. :D

    There are alot of training plans out there for 5K's, 10K's, and 1/2 marathons. I used Hal Higdon's and its pretty flexible, but I liked having it all layed out so I didn't have to think too much about it.

    His website has a few sentences for every workout on eat day of the training plan. Something to think about for that day and what you are working on.

    I'd check out Higdon's stuff. And the weight loss? You know, that may come just from your training if you already are eating pretty well.

    ReplyDelete