Pages

Monday, August 09, 2004

5k Goal Race

No run today.  I got to the gym and realized that I had forgotten my running shoes at home.  So I just drove around for an hour looking at stuff around the neighborhood.  I need to find a new place for my friend and I to eat after we work out.  I don't feel too bad about missing my run because on Saturday I rode my bike for 5 miles. I measured a few routes around my apartment and the trail at a local park.  It is .97 miles long, not quite a mile, but close enough for my purposes. 
I have decided on a 5K race that I want to do.  It is a local race and it looks to be relatively small.  I am familiar with the area, so that will be a nice change.  The info is at this http://lsef.leesummit.k12.mo.us/events.htm page, about half way down.  It will be on October 9th, so I have plenty of time to get ready for it.  I have a rough training schedule in my head, but I know if I formalize it that everything will go to hell.  So it will stay in my head and roughly sketched out in a notebook.  I think my biggest hurdle will be the two week road trip hubby and I are taking with my parents in September.  We are going to Portland, OR to see my brother.  It should be a lot of fun.  I just hope I can keep up with my running.  My mom is trying to lose weight too, so hopefully she will join me in the hotel gyms.  I hate going there by myself.  They spook me out!
Speaking of losing weight, I am trying to lose about 35 pounds.  I have been wondering why I haven't been losing weight even though I have been exercising much more regularly.  I didn't think that I was eating too much.  Every now and then I would indulge, but not too often.  I think I have figured the problem out.  I am eating to LITTLE!  My body is desperately hanging on to every fat cell it can because it thinks I am starving it.  So I am going to try to eat 1800 calories a day. I don't think that is too much, especially since I have been exercising so much lately and plan on keeping that up and maybe increasing some.  I really hope this works. I am so tired of being fat!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:27 PM

    Hey Rebecca - it's Suze here. Great blog!
    I cringed when I read about the vertigo. I get that myself about once a year, and it usually lasts for a couple of weeks. It's awful! I'm glad it didn't get you down for too long.
    And, what a great birthday present. You and hubby can ride together - that will make it even more fun.
    October 9th - now you've got something specific to work toward. Eating a bit more will probably help get you off that weight loss plateau. Keep up all the good work you are doing!

    ReplyDelete