Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Can't quite remember

I had a great run yesterday, but I can't quite remember how far I ran in 20 minutes.  I think it was 1.37 miles.  The last 10 minutes of my run I upped the speed from 4.0 to 4.1 and then with 5 minutes left I turned it up to 4.2.  I was FLYING (I wish).  Sometimes the fact that I am so slow just depresses me.  But I guess I can't get much slower, so I can only get faster, right?  I won't stay this slow forever, please tell me I won't stay this slow forever!   It isn't like I'm not pushing myself.  I finish my runs feeling like I had a really good workout, but I'm not exhausted or anything.  I just I will just keep doing what I have been doing until I can build up some mileage then I will work on getting faster. 
 
I was so grouchy with hubby yesterday.  I think the fact that I did 6 loads of laundry, washed dishes, picked up the apartment (not literally) yesterday while he just got the oil changed in my truck ticked me off a little.  I asked him to do 3 very simple things and he got snippy with me.  I left for my run in a huff.  I should know better by now not to get mad when he does that.  I know he doesn't like be asked to do things, but he still does them. Shouldn't that count for something! 
 
I came back from my run in a better mood.  Getting girl time and exercising always helps my mood.  But he had run out of hangers and couldn't finish hanging up the clothes and I jumped on him about it.  I felt so bad when he explained.  I knew that we probably didn't have enough hangers (we had just bought some new clothes), but I had forgotten.  So to make up for it I got him some egg rolls and a candy bar when I went to the store later that night.  Nothing like junk food to say you are sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment