Pages

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

So many ideas, not enough time

When I moved from MN to KS I was able to see how much crafting stuff I actually had and for how many different types of crafts.  What follows is not an exclusive list of what I have the supplies for.
  • Knitting
  • Spinning
  • Crochet
  • Quilting
  • Embroidery
  • Beading
  • Paper crafts
  • General crafting
I have the most volume in the supplies for knitting and spinning, with the amount of yarn I have surpassing everything else by a wide margin!  When I organized my yarn stash I found that I had enough yarn to make four different sweaters, and at that time I was waiting on yarn for two more sweaters.  I'll write about that yarn later.  I also found that I had enough sock yarn for over 12 pairs of socks.  I have since gone through my sock yarn stash and matched up yarn with patterns.  I also have odds and ends of yarn for baby hats and misc projects. 

I also have a sewing machine and a stash of fabric.  I finally got my sewing machine out of its box this past week.  It was so dusty!  I thought about it and realized that it had been in its box for a year.  About time I got it out!  I've been wanting to make some pillow covers for my love seat and pew, and some pot holders.  But the first project I will start on will be a sewing machine cover.  I picked up the book Fresh Quilting and will be making the sewing machine cover on the front of the book. 

 Now that I'm finally settled into my new life and Christmas is over I've been feeling the pull of all my crafting supplies and knitting projects that I have already started.  I feel a bit scattered and need to come up with a plan to tackle it all, balancing completing old projects with starting new ones.  Time to dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment