Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kumihimo Braid

I picked up this Kumihimo Braid Disk at Shepherd's Harvest this past May. It was an impulse buy, but it was only $5! I've been wanting to check these out for a while, and this was the cheapest way I had found. It is basically just an octagon with notches for the thread.

Kumihimo braid

It came already threaded and I made this multicolored thread.

First Braid

The main reason I wanted to try it out was because I haven't been pleased with the usual ties for baby booties (icord or traditional braid). I used both white and blue fingering weight yarn and came up with this sturdy, but elastic cord. I love it!

Bootie Cord

I just need to watch my tension so I get the correct length of braid. It is hard to see, but the two colors spiral up the braid. I am looking forward to experimenting with more than two colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment