- I made potato candy the other day. I haven't had it since church potlucks when I was little. I blame it on Karen who mentioned it in her blog the other day. My teeth now hurt from all the sugar!
- I started and finished a baby bib from the Mason-Dixon book. I was in such a hurry to get it to the baby shower after I bought the button for it that I forgot to take a picture! And it had such a cute pooling pattern too!
- For my SIL's baby shower they requested we send our favorite childhood book. I sent Anne of Green Gables, The Secret Garden and The Hobbit. I couldn't decide on just one. While trying to pick out books I discovered that I was very fond of books about orphans. I wonder what that means? That is the reason I threw in The Hobbit as well. I didn't send any of the Little House on the Prairie books because I figured someone else will send those and there was no way I could send just one. What was your favorite book as a child?
- I was a little concerned that I didn't get row gauge for my sweater, so I am swatching. This is the most frustrating process ever! Does it really matter for the Hourglass Sweater if I don't get row gauge, as long as I have stitch gauge?
- I am almost done with the bath mat from the Mason-Dixon book. I am LOVING it, but I am making it bigger because I have heard it shrinks. I would rather it be a little too big than too small.
- I realized the other day that this is supposed to be a running blog as well and the little description up there can be easily answered, I'm not a runner. Which saddens me. I think part of the problem is image. I don't look like a runner. But when I see other people out running that don't look like runners, all I think is "Good for them!" Why can't I apply this to myself?
- Hormones suck! I like to think I am a level headed person, but lately my hormones have been playing with me. I hate being irrational. I think my husband hates it too!
- I just found out that you can rate songs while listing to your Ipod! This is so very cool!!
- Digging in the dirt makes me happy. I need to do more of it. Digging through rock does not make me happy, less of that would be just fine with me.
- I have discovered some new (for me) blogs, Yarnstorm, Little Birds, 6.5 stitches, and Wee Wonderfuls. These ladies are so talented and creative. I want to be them when I grow up!
- Also check out Whipup, very cool stuff there!
- I have also been listening to some great podcasts. Other than the usual ones (Cast On and KnitCast) I have been listing to Craft Borg (these ladies are so cool, Star Trek and Harry Potter combined with crafting, I'm in heaven!), CraftLit (knitting and audiobooks, why didn't someone think of this sooner, right now she is going through Pride and Prejudice) and finally KnitTunes (a podcast of knitting themed music, no not songs about knitting, but songs to listen to while knitting different types of stitches, i.e. lace or garter, very cool songs!)
- I have a big, huge, up in sky, scary project in the works. I've told a couple people about it, but more about it later.
- It took me one hour and 21 minutes to finish this. (just so I don't end on 13!) Whoops, now one hour 22 minutes!
Thursday, June 15, 2006
That is how I feel right now. I have been meaning to post for days now, but haven't been able to sit down or concentrate on one thing long enough to do it. See, I started this 50 minutes ago and I have only gotten three sentences done. So I am making this into a list so it might be a little less painful to finish this and I actually might get this done!
Posted by Rebecca at 4:24 PM