Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Procrastination

I have found that I will do anything to avoid studying for the CPA exam! I've been wanting to make a bottle cap pincushion and shriky dink pins for a long time. You can find out how to make some yourself Here and Here.

Considering I haven't done any needle work since I stopped cross stitching when I was a kid I think the pincushion went together pretty well. I think I am going to have to start saving all my bottle caps!

I had never heard of Shrinky Dink paper before, so I felt like a little kid using it. I even bought a set of new colored pencils! I could have a lot of fun with this technique!

pincushion-top


pincushion-side

3 comments:

  1. That's just too darn cute. I've seen the pincushion tutorial, now I think I'll actually have to try it!

    Great job, and good luck with your exam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:11 AM

    That's a great pin cushion! I can't believe you had never done Shrinky Dinks! They are fun and very useful. There used to be themed kits with stencil shapes and colored pencils.
    I avoided the CPA exam by getting married and having children.
    Now go study.
    Karen
    http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pin cushions is just so cute. I would certainly would distract myself from the CPA exam as well.

    ReplyDelete