Pages

Monday, August 08, 2005

Monday, Monday...

how I love that day. It seems like that song always runs through my mind on Mondays that I really don't want to be at work. So ironic! I had a good weekend. Hubby and I explored some of the local neighborhoods and small towns over the Wisconsin border to see if we wanted to buy a house there. We still have plenty of time before actual house searching begins, but we want to get a feel for the areas we like. I also got to go to the Mall of America to get my ring! Also, the name of the store is Local Charm, I got it wrong before. As requested, here are some pictures. I have a whole new respect for jewelry photographers. I think I took 20 pictures just to get these 3 ok pictures.

ring


side




side2

Amethyst is my favorite stone. I was told at the store that the collection this ring comes from was molded from Victorian molds some guy found. Each mold was used only 3 times and each one has a different stone set in it. So I guess this is a one of a kind ring. I really don't care if it is or not, I just fell in love with it!

I did get some knitting done this weekend as well. I went to Depth of Field to see if I could find the yarn I needed for my sweater (Wear-Everywhere Pullover, Interweave Knits Spring 05), but ran into problems. The yarn I wanted to use wasn't in the correct gauge! I have no idea why I thought it was, I felt pretty stupid. The sales lady suggested a few yarns, but she literally stood over me while I was thinking about what to use instead, got on my nerves! I wasn't thrilled about the colors in the yarn she suggested so I just bought one ball in scarlet to try out. I think I might use this yarn in russet if I can find someone who carries it so I can see the color and feel the yarn. I started the swatch with the scarlet and I really like the pattern of the sweater. It is very easy to remember, but the knitting into the back of a stitch is throwing me off, my knitting looks very bumpy! I'm hoping that continuing with the swatch and blocking it will smooth the pattern out.

I went to Pilates class on Saturday. The new instructor kicked my butt! She took everything very slowly and really focused on form. For the first time I felt like I knew what I was doing. After class I asked her about a pose I wasn't able to do and she suggested a modification to help me work up to it. Both she and another lady said I was doing great for it only being my 3rd time at class. That made me feel so great! I missed cycling class again today. I didn't get to sleep until very late last night and I knew there was no way I could get through the day on only 4 hours of sleep. But I did go for a brisk walk with my coworkers today.

Today I got my Notice to Schedule from the CPA Examination Services. This makes it so much more real. I'll schedule to take the first section (Audit) at the end of the month. Scary!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:41 AM

    Good luck with the Audit part. I know you will do great.
    It's good you have time to look. We had a bit of a rush, living with my parents while house hunting. But we do love our home, built from the ground up, in a lovely neighborhood. You'll find just the right one for you.
    Amethyst is my fav too, along with Peridot. Just wish they would set these stone sin white gold or sterling silver more often. I don't like gold. I guess I just have to be different!
    chriksnits

    ReplyDelete