Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Learned My Lesson

Eat something after cycling class! Monday I was light headed and dizzy almost all day. Today I had a banana after class, but by the time I got to work I was light headed again. So I had a Rice Cake with Peanut Butter on it. I don't think this is dehydration because I get nauseous when that happens. But I will keep chugging water just in case. Yesterday I did a light upper body weight workout. I probably wasn't doing the best exercises in the most correct form, but when I think about how much I hate lifting weights I figure something is better than nothing. Eventually (when I can afford it) I want to get a personal trainer at the YMCA to show me how to best do a weight workout with free weights. I want to have the knowledge to do a good weight workout at home if one day I either can't afford a gym membership, or don't have the time to go to the gym. I need to have someone show me these things, reading all the books in the world about this won't help me.

Cycling class kicked my butt again today. We did mostly hill work(means we stood up most of the time), which I was thankful for because my butt still hurt from Monday's class! The instructor was very good and had a totally different style than the instructor on Monday. He did do one thing that got on my nerves. Right before class started when everyone was quiet and ready to start, he walked up to me and asked if I had done this class before. I laughed and said on Monday, and told him I would take it easy. I did appreciate him checking with me, but he could have done it while everyone else was occupied and not make me the center of attention. Yes, I know I am out of shape and really look it, but you don't have to point that out to the rest of the class!

I haven't done much knitting lately. I did finish another strip for my little sister's blanket. Only two more to go! I am a little worried about having enough yarn. If I do run out there is no way I can get the same dye lot. I don't think I will have it done by the end of this month, but I will definitely have it done before my brother's wedding. So I will just give it to her when I see her there. I just can't wait to get this finished so I can start on things for me! I'm so selfish!

1 comment:

  1. there's a magic window of about 15-30 minutes after a workout where the body needs to have some sort of food to help it recover. the peanut butter was probably what did the trick. a nice balance of carbs and protien will prevent the lightheaded feeling.

    what i've found that works are peanut butter and bananas, cheese and crackers, hummus and crackers, or a big ol' thing of chocolate milk.

    ReplyDelete