Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Back to the Grind

Second day on the job. Everyone has been very nice and I like it so far. It is strange being here and working with people who have no baggage about me, no already formed opinions from previous experience, and have probably heard no (or little) gossip about me. It is a fresh start. Time to get rid of bad work habits and start new ones. Good habits that is, not new bad ones! I want to make a good impression, but I know that sometimes I try too hard to please people. I just need to be myself and not over achieve. Over achieving now just sets me up for failure in the future. But I don't want to slack off either. Such a delicate balance to maintain.

I did enjoy my time off. I didn't get as much running done as I would have liked, but I have scoped out the neighborhood so I feel comfortable just stepping out of my door and going for a run. Now I just need to do it! I'm adjusting to going back to work, and being at work by 8 am every day is one of those new habits I am trying to form. I may have to break down and just get up early. Horrors! I have chosen a 5K training schedule, but it assumes you can run 2 miles. I'll just have to work up to that point.

I have started the baby blanket for my little sister. I like how it is turning out so far. I'll post pictures of the start and the colors I am using soon. I also made a mini tour of some of the yarn stores in the area. I may have to keep tight reign on my pocket book here. So much appeals to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment