Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Blah Week, Good Weekend

I think I was in a bit of a funk this week. I only got two workouts in, and one shouldn't count! But it is over and next Monday is a new start. I have had a good weekend. I drove to my hometown for my niece’s first birthday party. While in the area I got to have lunch with a high school friend and catch up on the news. The lunch was wonderful. She is one of those friends that whenever you see each other, even after a long time, it is never awkward and you can share things you can't share with other people. She is my oldest friend and I hope we can always stay in touch, even after I move to MN. Her husband is also a high school friend of mine and it was great to see him too. They are doing so well and it is great to see them happy.

My Niece's birthday party was so much fun. She is so cute and such a sweet little girl. My sister cooked everyone dinner and it was delicious. Mom and I helped out in the kitchen while her husband's family played card games. I forgot how much fun it is to work with someone who really knows you. My niece wasn't sure what to do with the birthday cake. After they blew out the candle, they put her in the highchair without a shirt on (so she wouldn't get it dirty) and gave her a piece of it. She was too involved playing with her belly to think about the cake!! But they finally got her to eat it and we got some very cute messy baby pictures. It was nice to see my brother in law’s side of the family as well. I went to high school with some of them and all of them have kids. It was so cute to see all the cousins playing together. I can never keep straight who belongs to who, but I had a fun time playing with them.

Tomorrow (or I guess today!) I will go to church with mom and dad, and I'm sure I'll get tons of questions about hubby and how he is doing and about our move to MN. As long as I don't get questions about when we are having kids I think I will be fine. Just because we have been married for over 5 years does not mean we need to have kids right now! But part of that is small town mentality and the fact that my sister (5 years younger) already has one, with another one on the way! But everyone means well, so I won't take offense. I should get to sleep or I'm not going to be able to drive back home tomorrow! Have a good rest of the weekend. Hope yours is as good as mine.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice weekend with family. Little kids and cake; I think they mostly like the feel of the sugar all over their faces! :D

    And two workouts is ALOT better than no workouts. Keep moving forward. :)

    ReplyDelete