Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Rolling Along

On both my sock and my running. But I'll get to the running first.

I haven't actually run outside yet. Too busy over the weekend, and this week the weather has conspired to prevent me. According to weather.com (which has changed 3 times over the course of the day!) , the next day with running weather (ie. no ice) will be Thursday. That is assuming that the sidewalks or roads are reasonably clear. But I have been to the gym twice this week. No running, just elliptical. I even planned for my friend to not want to work out. In other good news I have lost 5 pounds! I'm on my way to being skinny again!!! My goal is to get as close as I can to 145 lbs by mid March. Only 20 more pounds to go! But as long as I have made improvement I will be happy.

Just got a call from my friend. Looks like we are going to the gym! Second workout of the day. I may try running for a little while on the treadmill while she walks.

Knitting Knews!

I turned the heel on my sock! I was so proud of myself! So now I am working on the gusset. My only concern there is that the stitches between the needles are very big and wide. I'm thinking there will be large gaps there and I'm not sure how to fix it. The only way I was able to get through the heel was with the help from http://www.knittinghelp.com/ . It took me a long time to download the video on heel turning, but it was well worth it!

I still haven't picked up the yarn for my friend's baby blanket. I am wondering if she would like a handmade blanket, or maybe she has way too many blankets already. I talked to another pregnant friend and she said that she had 17 blankets! Way too many in her opinion. I may hint around to see what my friend thinks.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the 5 pounds, Becca! I think you will definately hit that goal. And working out with someone will help keep you motivated too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete