Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Procrastination is a Wonderful Thing

I keep telling myself that I need to get in here and post. I have even drafted whole posts in my head! I have so much to talk about. First the running stuff.

I have decided to push back the date of my 5K to October 23rd. There is no way I am going to be ready by Oct 9th! The run will be a fund raiser for the local zoo, and that means we get to run in the zoo! I am looking forward to it, and as long as I am faithful in my workouts I will be ready for it. I may not finish very fast, but I will finish. I had a good run last week, but I had to split it up into two 10 min sections. Yesterdays run was much better. I had to push it to finish the 20 min, but I still finished strong. I covered 1.33 miles running and 1.86 miles total.

I have been meaning to use my bike more lately, but just haven't gotten around to it. Now that the days are getting cooler that should motivate me to get out there more. I bought some cool accessories at Target and can't wait to use them. Plus there are a lot of trails around where I work and I really want to explore them.

I have been losing weight! So far I have lost 2.5 lbs! I have cut back my calories to the 1500 to 1800 range, and I have been trying to get 90-100% of my calcium requirement. I really think it is the calcium that is helping. I have tried cutting back calories and it never seems to work for me. I just end up quiting and then gaining more weight! My goal is to be down to 135 by April 1st. I think I can actually do it by March 1st, but I want to give myself an extra month due to holidays.

Somehow I managed to pick up a new hobby during my vacation. I now know how to knit! (try to say that 10 times fast!) Mom taught me how on the way home. So you may get some knitting info in some of these posts. I really want to knit myself a poncho. Those are so in fashion right now, but there is no way I am shelling out the $ for one!

Till Later, Run Safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment