Saturday, August 21, 2004

Ran outside!

My first run outside in a long time! I ran for 20 min 35 seconds and I covered 1.5 miles. That is a pace of 13:43! Yes, I know that is slow, but I thought that I was running 15 min miles. So any improvement over that is very exciting! I started out slower than I wanted to, but I am glad that I did because I really had to push at the end. It was just a little bit foggy this morning, but that made it nice and cool. I can't believe that it is August!

Also this week I rode my bike once and ran at the gym. While I was at the gym they had Olympic Kayacking on one of the TVs. I really enjoyed watching it. And it motivated me because it reminded me of all the things I want to be able to be fit enough to do. I want to be able to kayack, surf, and do whatever I want to do without my lack of physical ability holding me back.

I am feeling very strong right now and I am fully confident that I will be in shape in time for that 5K race!

1 comment:

  1. Very good. The secret is making it a habit. Whether it's running, hiking, biking, walking or a mix of them, fitness comes from making these types of activities an important habit. Then you learn the most important push. The push away from the table. That and portion control. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete