Pages

Monday, July 12, 2004

Still Truckin'

Today I ran 20 min without stopping.  Of course I was running only 15 min miles, but I got through. I think this is only the second time I have done this.  It was easier this time.  I wanted to quit around 15 min, but I kept on running and telling myself "Less than 4 min left", "Less than 3 min left", and so on.  I felt very energized when I was done. I ran for 1.34 miles and covered 1.82 miles total.  I think it is mainly my leg strength that is holding me back.  My heart rate and breathing seem to be ok.  I guess I just need to build up endurance.  Soon I will have to stop doing all my running workouts during lunch time.  I won't have enough time to really push myself.  But getting up in the morning is so HARD!  I think no matter what, I will keep my Monday workout on my lunch break.  It is a good way to keep my sprits up and energy going when I really don't want to work.

I am running mostly on the treadmill now because I am working out at lunchtime.  I would love to get outside to run, but it has been so hot lately.  I really don't want to have heat stroke and then have to go back to work!  I really should get up in the morning to run, but getting my butt out of bed early is one of the hardest things for me to do.  I think it is even harder than staying on a training schedule. But eventually I will have to start at least running in the morning if I am ever going to want to be able to run longer than 20 minutes.  I think I will still do my weight workout during lunch because I can get a whole body weight workout done.  I really don't like working out with weights, but it is a necessary evil.  Eventually I will have to post my weight workout so I can look back and see how far I have come.  Till next time, have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment