Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Generosity

Where did the past few weeks go? Well, first Audrey got sick. I figured we were doing pretty well, two weeks in daycare before she got sick. Unfortunately it was a virus, so we just had to suffer through. Then I got sick. And I understood why Audrey was screaming her head off. I really wish the Dr would have told us from the beginning to use Ibuprofen. Tylenol just did not work long enough. But Audrey is back to her happy self and I am starting to feel normal. I actually did laundry yesterday! Mainly because the only pants I had left were either way too short or had a hole in the rear.

It is amazing how generous people are when you have a baby. We got so many beautiful and useful gifts. Here are a few of the fiber related ones. This sweater was made by Pam who runs Knitter's Palette in Lakeville, MN. I could not get the color right, it isn't quite this dark. Audrey looks so cute in it!

Sweater gift

This was a blanket made by the ladies who attend the Knitter's Palette Sunday and Friday groups. It is Baby Cashmerino, lined and has a crochet edging. It is so soft and beautiful!

knit blanket

This blanket was crocheted by my Grandmother. It was the last blanket she made. It is so beautiful! We got Audrey's 3 month pictures taken with her laying on it.

Crochet blanket

Hopefully when the next person I know has a baby I will remember to be so generous. I know I loved all the handmade gifts I was given.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope the color of Baby Cashmerino I got for Audrey's sweater is the same as the deeper color squares! But the sweater will be a 1 year size, she isn't close to 1 year yet, is she??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete