Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Purple

I had good luck with my first try at tulips, this one was my favorite. I love the color and the spiky edges on the petals.

Purple


Next year I think I will plant them a little closer together to get more of an impact. My clematis is doing very well this year, and I didn't do much to it. I love it when gardening works out this way!

purple#2

I picked up some fingering weight yarn from Wooly Wonka Fibers (an online business run by Anne) because I fell in love with the colors. I had no clue what I was going to do with it, but I had to have it. I very rarely do this, so I figured I was entitled. This yarn is a combination of Merino wool, bamboo, and nylon. I cannot believe how wonderfully this knit up. It is so very soft and the colors are beautiful, no pooling!

colors

Once I found out I was having a baby girl I knew I had to use this yarn for something. I finally decided on the EZ Baby Surprise Jacket. My gauge was off, so this turned out smaller than it should be, and who knows how long she will be able to wear it, if at all! But it is so cute I really don't care.

baby surprise

This took up only one skein of the two skeins I bought, so I think I will do socks for me with the other skein, and with the leftovers baby socks for my little girl. I even ripped out the swatch so I could use it for something. I am determined to not waste a yard of this yarn!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:53 AM

    Your baby surprise jacket is beautiful. I love the color.
    I really love the tulips with the spikey edge. We have a horrible time with them though. The squirrels steal the bulbs.
    Karen
    http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely BSJ! The colors on that yarn are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:37 AM

    That's a gorgeous yarn--purples will be perfect for your girl. I'm itching to make a BSJ... They always look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the BSJ and I love how all the photos complement each other in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get that pattern and try it out. I hear such good things about it. My favorite Zimmermann pattern is the Gull Wing Lace cardigan. You can find it in American Collection from Vogue. Maybe I need to do another one of those sweaters! When's your baby girl due??? What's your favorite color???

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweater is so cute, I really like those colors as well!

    ReplyDelete