Pages

Monday, March 26, 2007

First Baby Project

As soon as I found out I was pregnant I wanted to knit something for the baby, but I wanted to wait to do any clothing or a blanket until I found out if I was having a boy or a girl. Then I thought, burp cloths! I'll need a ton of those! I used the pattern out of the Mason Dixon book and a bright colorway. Here is it, with the bulbs that will hopefully sprout soon.

first baby project

I started this before I felt sick, and finally finished two months later. I have another one cast on in a green colorway. I had better get cracking if I hope to have enough!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, burp cloths. You will need a ton for certain. Unfortunately, no human alive can knit them fast enough in order to have enough on hand when you need them. Think bushel baskets full. Somehow, they will all vanish as you carefully sashay around the house with baby throw-up on your sleeve trying to find one. I think they run and hide. :D

    Your burp cloths? Look far more elegant than anything we ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, screw this snow thing.

    ReplyDelete