Pages

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Get Cooking!

Can someone please slow the world down? Only another week and things might slow down, a little. The past month has been a whirlwind of people coming to visit and going to visit people. My mom and sister came up about three weeks ago and last weekend we went to Oklahoma to visit my husband’s family. I didn’t realize how much knitting and general crafting relaxed me until I didn’t have any time to do it! We had a great time with both sides of the family and enjoyed the much warmer weather in that part of the country. I did a little antique shopping and I’ll show my finds a little later. This weekend a girlfriend from Kansas City (who has since moved to Georgia) is coming up to visit. I can’t wait to see her and get to have some girl time.

I have a ton of things to share, new projects and finished objects too! But I thought I would show you a part of the WIP from my last post. I made these two aprons from four hand towels from IKEA.

short apronlong apron

I used one for the short apron and two for the long one. I used the last towel for the ties and neck (what is that part called?).

apron back

I didn’t use a pattern and it was so much fun putting these together. I have used the shorter one quite a bit and it is so nice to have someplace other than my jeans to wipe my hands. I haven’t used the long one yet. I am still considering putting a pocket on them. I have plenty of towel left from the top of the long apron, or I have some fabric that I could use. What do you think?

And if you haven’t yet, VOTE!

3 comments:

  1. I think they look great!
    I love the shorter apron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:51 AM

    Your aprons are great!! Pockets would be fun! If you have the darker color it would make a nice contrast.
    Karen
    http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the shorter one! I would go for some pockets. You may need to stash something in there.

    ReplyDelete