Pages

Monday, September 18, 2006

Hello!

Yet again it has been awhile. When this usually happens it is either because of way too much fun, or being way too busy. This time it was a combination of both. Plus, I was debating on whether or not to continue this blog. It has become a bit of a chore, but even while debating I continued to have ideas for posts pop into my head. And I have finished projects I want to show off! So I figure this provides a needed creative outlet. But with all the things coming up I may be hit or miss on posting, or will have to just make it really short. There is no rule that posts have to be long!

So, back to what has been happening. Lots of fun stuff! My little sister is pregnant! This will be their third child, and I get to knit another sweater. I’ll put off knitting plans until I know if they are having a boy or girl. I have decided to not knit a blanket, because they take way too long! On top of that, my sister and my mom are coming up to visit me at the end of October! I cannot wait; it will be so good to have them up here. The sweater I knit for my brother’s baby got rave reviews from his wife (who knits). She said she could not tell if I had knit it or not! YAY!!!!

My husband and I have been spending more time together. I think we have found the balance between the necessary (and required) evil of overtime, and spending time together. We went to the State Fair and ate way too much food. I snapped a couple pictures in the Craft Building. The first two are of a set of knitted Beatle dolls. I thought I had seen them last year, but could be wrong. I included a close up of one of the dolls, but I don’t know which Beatle it is!


Beatles



Beatle

I loved this quilt, mainly the construction of it. I could have done with calmer colors, but really liked the idea. Sorry for the crappy picture, I hate photographing through glass.

Quilt

We also saw a show at the Bandshell, Riders in the Sky.

RITS


Both my husband and I like what I can only call Cowboy Music. It really isn’t country, at least the country you and I know today. This is my grandparent’s country music, country before country was cool. These guys are excellent! They are funny, and can sing beautifully. I don’t normally like to listen to music live because sour notes really hurt my ears, I’m picky that way. But there wasn’t a sour note all night long, unless it was from the guy next to me who was singing along! I didn’t quite get the polka, but I guess that is a Minnesota thing because the crowd loved it.

There is a ton of other stuff going on, but that will have to wait until later. Hopefully later will be sooner!

1 comment:

  1. There's no rules about how often you have to post either so just come here when you have something to say!
    Those Beatles dolls were kinda creepy...

    ReplyDelete