Pages

Monday, January 23, 2006

Good times!

Life has been good lately. I've halted my brief weight gain and again am on my way back down. My workout plan is going well, I managed to workout three days last week, and two days the week before that. I am shooting for 4 days this week. I have been getting up early so I can get to work earlier. That way I have time to workout after work. So far it has been working well. I also have been moving forward on a plan to get me running again. I'm just going to gradually increase my time running and eventually I'll be running for 30 min again. I won't worry about distance until then. I just need to put in the time.

My husband and I actually had two days off together! It was nice to have more than a handful of hours together. We decided to go to the Wisconsin Dells and visit an indoor water park. We ended up at Kalahari. I was a little concerned that we wouldn't have enough to do, but it was a lot of fun. The next day we drove around the Dells looking for something to do before we drove home. There wasn't much open because it was off season, but this place called Top Secret was open. Here is what it looked like.


don't go

Come to find out it, was an upside down tour of the White House. I thought it would be cute, and our tour guide had a little role to play and lines to say. If you ever run into something like this, do NOT go. It is a tourist trap and a complete rip off. My husband crowned it the biggest tourist trap in the USA. He did eventually say that Wall Drug was a bigger tourist trap, but at least you didn't have to pay to get in!

The only other exciting thing that happened during our trip was that we ran into a moose. I know what you are thinking, "Moose? In Wisconsin?" I knew no one would believe me, so I snapped a picture. Check it out.

Sorry, I couldn't resist! I think that is the delivery van for Moosejaw Pizza. We didn't eat there, but I made my very patient husband pull over so I could take a picture of this thing.

But now it is back to the grind. At least my project at work is interesting.

1 comment: