I think the craziness is finally over! All the presents have been bought and mailed off. All the traveling for work is done with. Now all I have to do is get through the next two days and I will have a week and a half to relax and enjoy my family. When I get back to work I will have an exciting new project to start with a new team of people. And I have a shiny new plan to start exercising. But anyone who has read this site for a while knows how my plans tend to go (not well), but I think this one will work for a while. Overall life is good.
And now for a meme to fill up space. I don't normally do these, actually I do them all the time but I don't post them. But I found this one over at Bella's place (a secret addiction of mine is Buffy the Vampire Slayer FanFic, Bella's stuff is good!) and I loved it, so I had to post it.
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Moved to Minnesota, felt grown up
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't really keep new years' resolutions, so I don't make them, but I do make birthday resolutions, but I don't think I have kept them. I still have time!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister, my sister-in-law and two friends - can you see why I feel left out!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God! But I do have a grandparent who is looking very frail.
5. What countries did you visit?
No countries, but if you want to know states, here is a list in no particular order
Not my best traveling year ever, but I didn't do too bad.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A baby, or at least pregnant.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 17th. I watched my husband accomplish something he has been working very hard to achieve.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Attempting to pass the CPA exam again, still no word on if I have passed any section.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I haven't had any really big failures, unless I haven't passed the sections that I have taken of the CPA exam, but I could be more understanding with my husband.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I have this intestinal thing going on, but it seems to have gone away, for now.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The king sized bed, don't tell my husband, I refused to get one for YEARS.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband's, I am so proud of him!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I can't tell you, I might get fired.
14. Where did most of your money go?
I have no clue! Can you tell me?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Knitting my first sock, realizing that my husband is looking forward to having children.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
I'm not into music that much, so I can't think of one.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner!!!!!!! By 15 pounds!!!!!
iii. richer or poorer? Richer
Wow, this has been a good year!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spend time with my husband, his work gets in the way sometimes and there is not anything either of us can do about it.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sit on my rear end!
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
If hubby's work allows, with him. This will be our first Christmas alone. Then I am flying home at the end of the week. I can't wait to see my family.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
At the beginning of the year, my husband. At the end of the year, my friend Julie.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
I found more reasons to love my husband.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Maybe greatly dislike, but not hate. Hate is such a strong word.
26. What was the best book you read?
I read too many books to have a best one, but the best series was Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover series
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
My I-pod, and a new job
29. What did you want and not get?
A job that I love
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Serenity, if you haven't seen it, it just came out of DVD. Go see it now!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 28 on my last birthday and I spent a quiet evening at home.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A close friend here in MN
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Trying to go from just having clothes that cover my body, to actually having a style, preferably a sophisticated yet young look. I'm not sure if I am succeeding.
34. What kept you sane?
My mom, my friend Julie, my books and my knitting
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have already confessed this, Alton Brown. My husband thinks it is because we always want what we don't have. So, since I already have a hunky husband, I get crushes on the nerdy guys.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I tend to stay away from political issues.
37. Who did you miss?
My mom, my friend Julie.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
The girls here at work.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
Everything happens in God's perfect timing.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
The only thing that is popping into my head is that song by The Byrds, Turn! Turn! Turn!.
The section I am thinking of is the chorus-
"To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven"
I won't pass this on, but if you want it, take it!